Taxi Time One



EPISODE 01 


THE SADDENED DAUGHTER

Under the same title, I would be presenting my experiences in commercial vehicles. Not just in taxis but in buses, mini vans, and even flights. 
I would also present from time to time, happenings right before and right after getting aboard, which demand sharing. I would also talk about some personal reflections during such times.
In this first episode, I would talk about one of my experiences in a taxi from Agbogba to Madina junction, all suburbs of Accra in Ghana.
It was on the 17th day of August this year and I had to report to school on this same day so I was floating in my own thoughts. I boarded this taxi and after about 10 minutes’ drive, another woman came aboard the same taxi. She engaged in a conversation with the other passenger and the driver. As usual, I got busy on my phone since I am not a fun of conversation with random people in taxis.
After a while, the woman had a phone call which caught my attention. I was not eavesdropping but it was almost impossible not to hear what she was talking about with the other person on the other end of the phone call. From her reaction and replies to the party b (the person on the other end), I could tell her mother was sick. She asked Party B to hand the phone to her mother. Party B did, and I heard the woman tell her mother in clear words not to die because they do not have money. She told her that if she died now, they cannot even pay for her time in the morgue. After other very sentimental statements, she prayed for her, gave a few guidelines to Party B, and then ended the call.
She was shedding tears all along. I was touched.







I got to thinking, this woman sincerely is beseeching the help of God, in the best way she knows how to. She saying “in the name of Jesus” does not in any way reduce the sincerity in her prayer. Some would even say that that statement makes the prayer more effective. If she had a different background, she probably would have used something a bit different.
I got out of the Taxi thinking about the woman. I felt really touched because after all, someone was in pain. I also thought that the world is quite confused. Not the natural system of the world, but the human setup. People belonging to different faiths think that they are the only ones on the right, and almost all the others are wrong.
Most believe that the Creator is One; either He has 3 forms or just 1, He is said to be One. Most believe that humans came from a single soul. Most believe that the Creator helps His creation and answers prayers if the worshipper prays with deep humility and belief. Most believe that there would be life after physical death.
The question is, if the Creator wishes that we all became Muslims, or Islam is the right way to Him, would  He listen to this innocent woman praying for her mother?
If Christianity is the right way, what would be the fate of a Muslim who finds himself in a similar situation?







There are a few groups of people I have chanced on, who have the idea that all religions are interconnected. This makes sense to a very high extent. The only challenge here is the fate of those who do not believe in any religion at all. 
We as humans are limited; we do our best, and leave the rest to God. Answers to the above questions would be presented later. I just want us all to have one thing in mind. The Creator is greater than all of us, all that we know, all that we believe in, and all that we can ever imagine. Let us do what we can, without condemning other people because we know not the level of closeness someone has with the Creator. We all fall under the statement….
…..THUS UNTO EVERY PEOPLE HAVE WE CAUSED THEIR DOING TO SEEM FAIR TO THEM  (Qur'an 6:109)

Comments

  1. Excellent write up. Perhaps, I will also request for space to put my opinion on a very sensitive topic, Heaven and Hell, some day

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice thought provoking piece, All is ONE and ONE is All

    ReplyDelete
  3. V. Sensational...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it coming my boy that is an excellent piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GANG FIGHT

RELIGION AND THE (YOUTH OF) 21st CENTURY